Check out some of these simple family oriented activitites to kick up your heels on Earth Day 2011:
- Make an Earth Day Feast - visit a local farmers market and create a delicious meal from local produce. Decorate your table with recycled decorations (Thanksgiving in April... why not) or potted plants that you can plant in your yard later.
- Be like the Flintstones - human powered transportation... get outside - go for a walk, ride your bikes, work on getting out and about with just your own two feet.
- Plant...something - a tree, seeds, flowers... something in your yard. It's a great opportunity for an annual family tradition ... and get some of that yard work taken care of. ;)
- Read The Lorax by Dr. Suess with your little ones. It's a great way to introduce the idea of protecting the earth to little ones.
Maybe you are feeling a little crafty? Here are a few fun Earth Day crafts your family may want to try:
- Get a head start on May Day with recycled May Day Baskets.
- Use those egg cartons to make flowers or bugs to decorate for spring.
- Make robins for your windowsill out of recycled cardboard boxes.
- If your little one is too little to craft with you, you can make your own baby toy out of recycled baby clothes or make your own cloth napkins for your family.
How will you celebrate Earth Day with your family? Have a tip or Earth Day craft? Share it with us!